Monday, October 31, 2011

An English Language Lover's Worst Nightmare

On a light note, I'd like to share a little Halloween prank that my fellow English nerds may appreciate.  To give credit where credit is due, I found the image below on Reddit.  The new iPhone has a nifty shortcut feature for entering text.  It is customizable and is meant to make typing faster, especially when entering frequently used text.  For example, you can adjust the settings to have "OMG" displayed as "Oh my God."  For people (like me) who hate abbreviations and awkward phrasing in text messages or emails, this should be a dream come true.  However, it can also be the perfect tool for a fun-loving prankster.  Check out the image below showing what words would be typed by the user, and what words are programmed to be automatically substituted instead. 

This would drive me absolutely insane...


Trick or treat!  Happy Halloween!

1 comment: