Monday, November 14, 2011

Sir Reads-A-Lot

I'd love to use this blog to explore some higher level issues that we've been discussing in class, but sometimes you just need a good laugh.  Someone close to me sent me this little blurb and it absolutely cracked me up.  I thought I'd share it with others in hopes of bringing a smile to their face.  Well...only if you like ridiculous rap from the 90's and reading.

"I like big books and I cannot lie.  You other readers can't deny; when a book walks in with a good plot base and a big spine in your face, you get sprung!  Wanna put out your pens cause you noticed that book was dense.  Readings, half rims I'm wearing.  I'm hooked and I can't stop caring.  Oh baby, I want an e-reader and a meaningful meter.  My teachers tried to train me but that book you got makes me so brainy"
-courtesy of Sir Reads-A-Lot, found on www.reddit.com
http://imgur.com/TgQsN

3 comments:

  1. LOL Very funny. My English teacher friends will appreciate this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded to your blog as well. :)

    I love blogging and all the topics people write about, but I believe this is by far the funniest post I've read by far. It just goes to show how a creative mind works. I also love this post, because it is a creative piece without prejudice. I see so many teachers scorn rap when it can actually stimulate a child creatively. Yes, I understand some songs insult women and emphasize violence (believe me I've heard a lot of them), but if we find the right ones we can really inspire students that can relate to it. I believe done in the right way rap is can be a form of poetry where people can express themselves. I feel that any method which prompts kids to think out of the box is worth while, even if some people oppose it. There will always be nay-sayers, but as long as we are not offending or hurting anyone I believe it's okay. For instance, there are people that say Facebook is corrupt and would never use it as an activity in class. These are also the people that stray away from technology. I feel anything that can catch a student's interest is worthwhile. Also I found a pretty entertaining video on Thesis Statements done in rap that I hope you will all like.(It is found on my page) It is creativity at its best. :)

    ReplyDelete